Mar 11, 2012

Vybz Kartel writes poem compares self to Jesus Christ

(A poem) Guilty before trial?
by A. Palmer

The police have found me guilty and i
haven't gone to trial yet,
but they spread propoganda on T.V. & internet
Dem a beat it in the people's mind
that i'm guilty and deserve death,
but the public knows how the police
operate, so mi nah fret.
So many people in court for allegedly
taking 4, 5, 6 pickney life,
So how they don't discuss that on
'CVM at sunrise'?
Allegations of extrajudicial killings
by security forces have already been issue,
but i've never seen them on t.v. so
much, talking about that, did you?
Me never kill nobody yet
but they say my music breeds crime,
that's why they're on my case they
want me imprisoned long time.
I am an artiste so i know things
will make the news,
but don't crusade this ungodly way to
distort peoples views.
Mi swear my innocence before all
mankind and God,
why would i risk going to jail Leaving
behind 7 children, after mi nuh mad.
I am not the first man
The romans soldiers have sacrificed,
like me, that man was not guilty
That man was Jesus Christ.

1 comment: