Jan 11, 2013

Snoop Dogg Mavado Popcaan makes video in Jamaica

KINGSTON, Star; Reggae newcomer Snoop Lion (formerly Snoop Dogg) was in the island on the weekend to shoot his first reggae video since converting to the genre and changing his name.

The video for the song Lighters Up, which features dancehall artistes Mavado and Popcaan was shot in the scenic parish of Portland.

According to Mavado, he was honoured to be a part of the project.

"Snoop is a legend in the game, so it was an honour to be a part of the project and Lighters Up is a great track. Snoop has mad love for Jamaica, so when he asked me to be a part of the video I didn't hesitate because anything that positively highlights Jamaica and brings it to a bigger stage, I am always ready to be a part of that," Mavado the STAR.

Popcaan was also elated to be on the project, telling the. STAR that he enjoyed working with Snoop Lion.

"It was very good working with Snoop, first on song and then on video. When I heard the hook I really liked it and when I met Snoop he asked me to write a couple verses. It worked out where he sang one of the verses I wrote and I sang the other. Later, he asked how I felt about Mavado being on the song, and I said I had no problem with it."

Adding, "Snoop is really cool, just getting to know him and hearing advice from someone who has been so successful in the music industry is a blessing. The video gonna be sick, any time hip hop and dancehall artistes work together we take it to a next level. Look out for the video it wicked TR88."

Snoop Lion released his debut reggae track titled La La La last year. Lighters Up will be on his upcoming album which is set to be released in the upcoming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment