Jul 24, 2012

50 Cent Copies Sizzla Music

American rapper 50 Cent recently sampled Sizzla Kalonji's Solid As A Rock on his new free mix tape called 5 (Murder By Numbers).

Solid As A Rock was featured on Sizzla's Da Real Thing LP back in 2002 and was popular on local and international airwaves.

Solid As A Rock broke through in the US hip-hop market by 2003 and was later sampled by hip-hop artiste Ja Rule in his song called The Crown. Ja Rule had used Sizzla's chorus as a response to 50 Cent whom he was in a lyrical feud with at the time.

Now over a decade since the release of Da Real Thing, 50 Cent has decided to use the same song to stake his claim on the hip-hop crown. He calls his single My Crown.

In 50 Cent's rendition of My Crown he raps about his current presence in the hip-hop industry, stating that he is still a dominant figure.

"Am still... am rich already, ... around you will be meeting your obituary, my whip clean, my watch gleam, nine carrots now that's what I call a pinkie ring, don't even trip, my heart cold, am on the globe I ball hard, I go hard I ghetto right am super hood, am ... on these ... like they know I would," are some of the lines in 50 Cent's song.

During 50 Cent's rapping, Sizzla's voice can be heard in the background singing, 'Solid as a rock they just can't stop me now.' The song ends with Sizzla's voice resonating on the hook singing, 'They found no weapon only a draw of herb' repeatedly.

The STAR made several attempts to get a comment from Sizzla about 50 Cent sampling his song, however, his publicist, Olimatta Taal, said he was unavailable for comment as he was at a Nyabinghi celebrating Haile Selassie's birthday. Haile Selassie was born on July 23, 1892.

"I just sent him the information about the song, he is at Binghi celebrating His Majesty's birthday, so this is quite appropriate, they just can't take his crown," Taal said.

7 comments:

  1. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also visit this web site on regular basis to take updated from latest gossip.

    Review my blog post :: Personal Site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I do believe this is a great website. I stumbledupon it ;) I'm going to come back yet again since I bookmarked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

    Here is my homepage: Slim Lipo Plus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! In the end I got a weblog from where I be capable
    of genuinely obtain valuable data concerning my study and
    knowledge.

    My webpage :: Revolyn reviews

    ReplyDelete