Jun 30, 2010

Vybz Kartel on the run?

Is kartel on the run?... well according to reports the DJ should have turned up at the Portmore Police station this monring .. he didnt. After expressing to media houses yesterday that he would have been at the station by 9am... he was a no show, and one now have to ask if he is on the run. The lawyers had indicated however that they are "working on the way top proceed."
this was a statment released by the DJ.. on the matter yesterday..

I, like millions of other Jamaicans, have certain concerns about the potential violation of my civil rights and liberties during this State of Emergency, however, I will grant the police an audience this morning as they have declared me a "major person of interest", and placed my name on a list populated with a number of alleged criminals.

This is not the first time that the police force has attempted to smear my reputation based on half-baked assumptions and ridiculous rumours, but as it happened then, I know I will be exonerated once again. I have nothing to fear. Fear makes men believe the worst, but I believe in our justice system, however flawed it may be, and in the end, I will be vindicated. I remain confident that the security forces will act with professionalism in this matter.


I have engaged legal counsel to safeguard my rights, and the truth will prevail.


I know I will be exonerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment